Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ye Dance Nahi Aasaan

"Have feet. Will dance." is what the ad read, n it caught my fancy, big time...."Yes, i do hv feet" is what i said to myself, but will they dance was the million dollar question??? I exclaimed like one of my ex-professors in his patent one-liner- "I hv my own doubts!!" , 'coz i literally hv two left feet when it comes to dancing....but i still wanted to give them (my feet) a chance..'dance pe chance', as they now say in popular parlance.....

I was quick to notice this ad in one of the dailies for dance classes by SDIPA (Shaimak Davar's Institute for the Performing Arts) and i thot tht my lazy, laidback, perenially 'vell..la' evenings had suddenly found an occupation, not so easily though.........

Enrolling into the class and actually getting there was quite an uphill task and almost a tale of courage....i struggled hard and thot twice, thrice, a hundred times before mustering enough courage to dial the number to enquire 'bout the classes....was pretty upbeat once i successfully accomplished the first step, 'twas smooth sailing after that till the day when the batch was to start...20th Jan was the date....reached the venue with a lotta shakiness, 'nervous' was written all over my face, was juggling with 'to go' or 'not to go' all throughout and with all the dilly-dallying, eventually decided to take the plunge and venturously ventured into the venturesome venture, a tad precariously though.......it was meant to fall in my lot...

15 hours of dance spread over a month and a half followed by a stage act was quite an experience in itself, replete with pleasant memories and new-found friendships....nt sure how much of dance i've managed to learn , but it did help me tide over my coyness n chagrin, as far as dancing is concerned, which is not less than a battle won for me....it's fun sometimes to persuade urself into indulgences tht don't come easy to u.....

So, i highly recommend this to all - "Dance pe chance maar le" .....but all u 'pappu's who can't dance saala - beware, "Ye dance nahi aasaan, bass itnaa samajh lijei, ek aag ka dariya hai, aur doobke jaana hai..."

No comments:

Post a Comment